Notre Dame great, two-time NBA All-Star and broadcaster, Kelly Tripucka.
Topics / links discussed (include):
- The NBA’s highest-scoring game
- The famous Pistons v Knicks series from the 1984 NBA Playoffs
- The stunning details on how Kelly heard news of his trade from Detroit to Utah
- Kelly’s trade to the newly-minted Charlotte Hornets
- The faux-controversy surrounding “Frank” and “Dick” (via Kelly’s Wikipedia page)
- Kelly’s career in (TV and radio) broadcasting
- Starting Lineup (NBA) figures and items Kelly still receives to this day, in the mail
People mentioned in this episode, include: Bill Laimbeer, Julius Erving, Bernard King, Jerry West, Dave Bing, Kiki VanDeWeghe, Pete Maravich, Rex Chapman, Bill Hanzlik, Dell Curry, Adrian Dantley & Muggsy Bogues.
Editor’s note: sign-up for the monthly newsletter – receive exclusive details on upcoming podcast episodes and future, high-profile guests to appear on the show.
I appreciate all feedback, FB Page ‘Likes’ and iTunes ratings / reviews.
Adam is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com | If you click-through and purchase any item (store-wide – within 24 hours), it helps support his site and podcast – importantly, at no additional cost to you. Thank you.
Latest posts by Adam Ryan (see all)
- NB87-6 – December 31, 1986, through January 14, 1987 – Michael Jordan’s third NBA season | Podcast - July 19, 2017
- AIR078: Chris Engler – University of Wyoming standout, five-year NBA veteran and international basketballer | Podcast - June 28, 2017
- AIR077: Andrew Bernstein – Senior NBA Photographer | Podcast - May 24, 2017