Tom Chambers’ iconic (1989) jam on Mark Jackson. This episode covers:
* details behind one of the NBA’s all-time greatest slam dunks
Topics / links discussed (include):
- New York Knicks at Phoenix Suns [January 27, 1989]
- Phoenix Suns rise from troubled days | Sam Smith [1989-01-29 Cincinnati Enquirer]
- Game highlights
- Pigeons and statues
People mentioned in this episode, include: Eddie Johnson, Jeff Hornacek, Kevin Johnson, Mark West, Tyrone Corbin, Larry Nance, James Edwards, Jay Humphries, Dan Majerle, Tim Perry, Andrew Lang, Patrick Ewing & Gerald Wilkins.
Editor’s note: sign-up for the monthly newsletter – receive exclusive details on upcoming podcast episodes and future, high-profile guests to appear on the show.
I appreciate all feedback, FB Page ‘Likes’ and iTunes ratings / reviews.
Adam is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com | If you click-through and purchase any item (store-wide – within 24 hours), it helps support his site and podcast – importantly, at no additional cost to you. Thank you.
Latest posts by Adam Ryan (see all)
- AIR080: Adam & Lisa’s USA holiday – Christmas Day NBA, meeting Bernard King and more | Podcast - January 12, 2018
- AIR079: Jerry Reynolds – NYC Player of the Year, LSU great and eight-year NBA veteran | Podcast - December 13, 2017
- NB87-8 – January 30 through February 13, 1987 – Michael Jordan’s third NBA season | Podcast - September 14, 2017