* Chicago at New York – January 5, 1985
* NBA regular season – January 24 through February 7, 1985
* Insightful minutiae, all but lost to the annals of basketball history
In this episode, we break down the thirty-fourth game of MJ’s professional career. We were fortunate to have access to the game DVD, giving us plenty of topics and moments to talk about. The Bulls were hoping to remain above .500 for the season, whilst the Knicks – losers of eight of their last nine games – had dropped six straight. Bernard King entered the game averaging 40 points a contest, in his past five outings.
Next, we discuss numerous happenings from the next 15-day block of the 1984-85 NBA season. The Chicago Bulls played seven games in this span – three wins and four losses.
We chat about one of the most unusual personnel moves of the era. The Atlanta Hawks – without three of their guards – were forced to activate one of their TV commentators to the playing roster! We also talk about the NBA’s best-performing players – including Larry Bird‘s back-to-back buzzer-beaters – milestones reached and much more.
This episode continues our coverage of the 1984-85 NBA season. We encourage your interaction. Feel free to suggest specific games, moments and events from within the season, for us to cover in future episodes of the series. Thanks for taking the time to listen to the show. If you enjoy the content, please share it with your friends!
Chicago Bulls games discussed:
Feb 7, 1985 – Bird is sold on Jordan, NBA’s future
I appreciate all feedback, FB Page ‘Likes’ and iTunes ratings / reviews.
Adam is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com | If you click-through and purchase any item (store-wide – within 24 hours), it helps support his site and podcast – importantly, at no additional cost to you. Thank you.
Latest posts by Adam Ryan (see all)
- NB87-6 – December 31, 1986, through January 14, 1987 – Michael Jordan’s third NBA season | Podcast - July 19, 2017
- AIR078: Chris Engler – University of Wyoming standout, five-year NBA veteran and international basketballer | Podcast - June 28, 2017
- AIR077: Andrew Bernstein – Senior NBA Photographer | Podcast - May 24, 2017