Adam & Aaron celebrate the 30th anniversary of Michael Jordan‘s second season in the National Basketball Association. This episode covers:
* Playoffs through 1986 NBA Finals (April 17 through June 8)
* Insightful minutiae, all but lost to the annals of basketball history
The penultimate episode of #NB86. We discuss numerous happenings from the 1985-86 NBA season. This time, the Playoffs through NBA Finals. Make sure you stay tuned for our final episode, when award-winning (1980s) Celtics beat writer, Mike Carey, joins the show.
- Larry Bird – won his third-consecutive Most Valuable Player Award
- Patrick Ewing – named Rookie of the Year
- Alvin Robertson – named Most Improved Player & Defensive Player of the Year
- Michael Jordan – set a single-game playoff record, scoring 63 points at Boston
- Hakeem Olajuwon – tied a then-NBA Finals record, with eight blocks
- Calvin Natt – scored a career-high 40 points
- Randy Wittman – scored a career-high 35 points
- Wes Matthews – scored a career-high 30 points
- Spud Webb – registered a career-high 18 assists
- Dudley Bradley goes glass
This episode continues our coverage of the 1985-86 NBA season. We encourage your interaction. Feel free to suggest specific games, moments and events from within the season, for us to cover in future episodes of the series. Thanks for taking the time to listen to the show. If you enjoy the content, please share it with your friends!
Tune in to hear this and plenty more, as we uncover some hidden gems from the NBA’s golden era.
Chicago Bulls games discussed:
Editor’s note: sign-up for the monthly newsletter – receive exclusive details on upcoming podcast episodes and future, high-profile guests to appear on the show.
I appreciate all feedback, FB Page ‘Likes’ and iTunes ratings / reviews.