Adam & Aaron celebrate the 30th anniversary of Michael Jordan’s third season in the National Basketball Association. This episode covers:
* NBA regular season – February 14 through 28, 1987
* Insightful minutiae, all but lost to the annals of basketball history
In this episode, we discuss numerous happenings from the next 15-day block of the 1986-87 NBA season. The Chicago Bulls played seven games in this span – five wins and two losses.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar – surpassed 36,000 career points
- Sidney Moncrief – surpassed 10,000 career points
- Gerald Wilkins – career-high 43 points
- Buck Williams – career-high 35 points
- Michael Jordan – seventh-highest scoring game ever (58 points)
- Nate McMillan – career-high 25 assists
- Gerald Henderson – career-high 17 assists
- Manute Bol – (matched) career-high 15 blocks and career-high 19 rebounds
- MJ lights up Chicago Stadium en route to 58 points
- Alvin Roberston spurs San Antonio to victory
This episode continues our coverage of the 1986-87 NBA season. We encourage your interaction. Feel free to suggest specific games, moments and events from within the season, for us to cover in future episodes of the series. Thanks for taking the time to listen to the show. If you enjoy the content, please share it with your friends!
Tune in to hear this and plenty more, as we uncover some hidden gems from the NBA’s golden era.
Editor’s note: sign-up for the monthly newsletter – receive exclusive details on upcoming podcast episodes and future, high-profile guests to appear on the show.
I appreciate all feedback, FB Page ‘Likes’ and iTunes ratings / reviews.