Adam & Aaron celebrate the 30th anniversary of Michael Jordan‘s third season in the National Basketball Association. This episode covers:
* NBA regular season – October 31 through November 15, 1986
* Insightful minutiae, all but lost to the annals of basketball history
In this episode, we discuss numerous happenings from the first 16 days of the 1986-87 NBA season. The Chicago Bulls played eight games in this span – five wins and three losses.
Michael Jordan ensured Doug Collins‘ coaching debut was a memorable one. Jordan registered his first 50-point game at New York and his scintillating form led Chicago to start the season with three-consecutive wins.
- Mark West – scored a career-high 27 points
- John Long – scored a career-high 44 points
- Bill Hanzlik – scored a career-high 33 points
- Bowie’s persistent leg-related problems led to a shocking incident versus Dallas
This episode continues our coverage of the 1986-87 NBA season. We encourage your interaction. Feel free to suggest specific games, moments and events from within the season, for us to cover in future episodes of the series. Thanks for taking the time to listen to the show. If you enjoy the content, please share it with your friends!
Tune in to hear this and plenty more, as we uncover some hidden gems from the NBA’s golden era.
Editor’s note: sign-up for the monthly newsletter – receive exclusive details on upcoming podcast episodes and future, high-profile guests to appear on the show.
I appreciate all feedback, FB Page ‘Likes’ and iTunes ratings / reviews.